Because of forest fire danger

Postponement Bad Tabarz

The final of the iXS Downhill Cup was supposed to take place in Bad Tabarz in a fortnight. Unfortunately, due to a very high risk of forest fire, the event has to be postponed to the beginning of September.

Carve-Race_750 x 93_2021_neu

Already at the race in Ilmenau, the topic of forest fire level played a very important role. In the run-up to the event, regular consultations were held with the responsible authorities and various measures were discussed and finally ordered. In the end, it was agreed that the event could be held, but only at an extremely high effort. Therefore, the decision of Bad Tabarz is absolutely understandable, after all, it looks like the situation will get worse in the next few days. It is therefore better to postpone the event at an early stage than to cancel it at short notice.


Below is the official statement of the organiser:

„Due to the extreme drought in the last few weeks and the associated steadily increasing risk of forest fires, we have decided to postpone the event for 4 weeks. This decision was made after long consideration of the feasibility of the event, studying the weather forecasts and also intensive discussions with the responsible authorities. The decision was not easy, but the safety of all riders and spectators is our top priority. If you have any questions, please contact us.“

The new date is 02.09.-04.09.2022

We hope for everyone's understanding and look forward to a great finale in early September.